We know that pineapples are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. We know that this tropical fruit fights allergies, is an anti-inflammatory, and is rich in antioxidants, but there is still so much to be learned learn about the king of fruits, starting with its origin. Did you know that Spanish explorers first encountered the pineapple in the Caribbean in the 1490s? When they brought some back to Europe, because of pineapples sweet taste and exotic appearance, the fruit became a status symbol. The pineapple eventually made its way to Colonial America, families would place a pineapple on the table for a festive meal, where it was used to represent hospitality and warmth.
These facts are just the beginning! We’ve to plenty more interesting pineapple information below. So, get ready, because much like a prized pineapple, these facts are juicy! We recommend sipping on our Pineapple Kiwi Kalm to really get into the spirt.
10 Facts Amazing Facts about Pineapple
1) It takes almost 3 years for a single pineapple to reach maturation.
3) Growing a pineapple is easier than you may have originally thought. You can grow one simply by twisting the crown off a store bought pineapple and allow it to dry for about 2 days and then planting it.
4) A pineapple isn’t just one fruit, it is actually multiple flowers whose fruitlets have joined around the core.
5) An unripe pineapple getting you down? Have no fear! You can speed up the ripening of a pineapple, by standing the pineapple upside down, and thus, turning your frown right-side up!
7) It also contains nearly 75 percent of the daily-recommended value of the mineral manganese, which is essential in developing strong bones and connective tissue.
8) Pineapple juice has been known to cure morning sickness.
9) Aside from its skin, the whole pineapple is edible, even its core! It may not be as delicious, but it’s just as nutritious! In fact, the core contains the most concentrated amounts of bromelain.
10) Finally, if you’re anything like us, you still struggle with exactly how to cute this delicious yet complicated fruit. Here’s a great tutorial!
Enjoy pineapple and other tropical fruits in smoothie form when you join the Green Blender Smoothie Club!